Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Sorry for the title.  I couldn't help it.

I've been busy with the calculus class I'm teaching.  We're in the last week and I'm helping my students prepare for their final.  Also, there hasn't been much to report about Roberto - yay!  There's just one minor thing - his hair.

Over the last few days, Roberto's hair has started falling out - a side effect of the chemotherapy drugs.  I first noticed a couple days ago when I saw a few hairs on his pillow.  Then on Tuesday, Roberto pinched a bit of his hair and, with a little pull, his fingers left his head with a small bunch of hairs.  Below is the result of my own little pinch.

Roberto's head is slowly looking more patchy each day like a kid who tried to cut his own hair.  At first, Roberto was fascinated by how easy it was to pull hair off of his head.  Fascination turned to sadness as more and more hair fell out.  His pillow has a layer of hairs in the morning.  I'm not even going to talk about the shower drain.

Other than leaving hair all over the apartment, Roberto is doing great.  We're cat sitting for the week and the feline company keeps Roberto cheery.  Between him and the cat, there is a lot of shedding in the house.  Some friends will be visiting us this weekend before the start of the second cycle.  I'm looking forward to catching up with them and having some fun after grading finals.  :)

Cycle 1 - Day 17

No comments:

Post a Comment