Friday, October 11, 2013

It's Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down on Friday

Roberto's almost at the official end of his chemotherapy.  Each round includes two weeks of recovery after the infusion week; this is why I've kept up the countdown for Cycle 4.  For the past two days, we've actually biked to campus!  It's a short 15 minute bike ride and it's just right for Roberto for now.  That burst of high physical activity is enough to make Roberto fall to sleep right away at night.  We've been having fun taking different paths to and from home.  So far, I don't actually like any of the routes.  I think it's because I'm so clumsy on a bike that I am just uncomfortable biking for more than a minute.

The most significant part of the last two days was that I got to be around people for most of the day!  I think staying at home was great for a while, but it was starting to take its toll.  It was so refreshing to interact with ... people, and to talk about stuff other than cancer, although that definitely did come up.  I mean, it's fine that everyone is asking about how Roberto is doing and what's happening next!  I guess I was getting scared that I would be unable to talk about non-cancer topics since life has basically revolved around cancer for the last three months.  Anyway, it was nice to talk and laugh with my office mates and friends around the department.  I might have been having too much fun; I think the coffee kiosk on campus makes their coffee waaaay strong because I felt super hyped up today. 

Next week, Roberto gets a CT scan, I'll work some computer magic on the images, and we'll talk to the oncologist.  I'm really hoping the tumor is much smaller than what we saw in August, but you never know.  Arg, I'm trying not to speculate too much about what will happen next because my mind tends towards a more optimistic diagnosis such as: no need for surgery; Roberto doesn't need the open-chest surgery; or others. 

Hey, why am I stressing?  It's the weekend.  Time to relax.  :)

Cycle 4 - Day 19

No comments:

Post a Comment