Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Phase 2: Surgery

We'll be meeting with the thoracic surgeon Wednesday afternoon.  I'm not sure when I'll be able to post about the meeting, so your best bet is to check back on Thursday.

Hopefully, we'll get more information about the type of surgery and a timeline.  I'm thinking that surgery will be easier than chemotherapy; we won't have to learn about 7 or 8 different drugs and their side effects and won't have to rearrange our lives for three months. 

Roberto and I started watching Frasier on Netflix.  It started as an innocent journey of a popular 90's sitcom and slowly became an obsession.  Obsession evolved into reluctant viewing as we are currently struggling to finish the long series (11 SEASONS??).  Just today we watched an episode in which one of the characters needed open heart surgery.  His wife freaked out while waiting during the surgery and smashed a fire extinguisher through a vending machine.  It was a little more hilarious than my description.  Roberto turned to me and told me that I wasn't allowed to do the same when he has his surgery.  One might think that I would be offended at his implication of me being so violent ... but he knows me pretty well. 

On Monday, Roberto had lots of sushi with Adam.  He was so happy that he posted about it on Facebook.  With that wish fulfilled, Roberto has been checking to see if his hair has started growing back.  We were told that his hair would start growing back around 4 weeks after chemothrapy.  While he hasn't lost any more follicles, his hair seems to be taking its time coming back 

Okay, let's hope the surgeon has good things to tell us!

No comments:

Post a Comment