Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cleanliness is Divine

Life has been pretty boring since chemotherapy is over now.  One interesting side effect is that Roberto can do things around the house again!  He actually spent the last two days cleaning up around the house.  It almost makes me feel bad for not helping clean because he did such a great job but he was always the neater of the two of us  :)   He also spent the time writing thank you notes.  :D

Unfortunately, he isn't back to 100% because he gets tired easily.  After cleaning a bit around the living room this morning, he was ready for a nap.  However, he was disciplined and resisted the urge to sleep.  The side effects of the chemotherapy drugs along with just sleepless nights during the infusion week have finally worn off and Roberto's adjusted back to a normal sleeping schedule (yay!).  As long as he doesn't take naps during the day, he'll be able to hold on to his normal sleep pattern.  He's still twitching, though, so I might be sleeping on the edge of the bed a bit longer.

Despite not having his normal energy (remember, he ran 50 mile races), he is still planning plenty of activities.  Hiking and the shooting range are on the schedule so far.  I might opt-out of the shooting range.

So, here is something I just don't know how to categorize:  Roberto has lost most of his eyebrow hair.  It was a gradual thinning, of course, and wasn't as dramatic as the head hair loss.  There was just one day when I noticed and since then ... he hasn't looked the same to me.  I know!  I shouldn't be saying such things, but people need eyebrows!  I mentioned this to Roberto.  I know!  I shouldn't have said anything.  He agreed, though, that it looks weird.  On the same note, I get weirded out when I see pictures of him with hair because I'm so used to his bald head.  I know, I complain about him not having enough hair and now I'm complaining that he has too much in pictures!  My brain is having trouble.  

Cycle 4 - Day 17

No comments:

Post a Comment