Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Kristin Versus the Bike

The cute noises of plants and zombies are in the background as I write this post.  Roberto is joyfully feeling better and is playing the flora-filled mobile game next to me.  He had another good day of eating normal food and enjoying a movie, games, and friends' company.  I had a pretty good day too except for some technical difficulties with a bike with motor oil-covered handles.  I got absurdly angry about it because the motor oil got all over my hands and made it impossible to hold on to the handles.  I am not that passionate about two-wheeled vehicles.

I found myself explaining Roberto's situation to some new ears today.  The whole process is still so emotionally draining.  I am looking forward to the day when I can recount this story without tears welling up in my eyes.  Or maybe that will never happen.  Maybe I'm an emotionally charged woman who can't hide her feelings.  I *did* get angry at that bicycle today.

Now that Roberto is feeling better, we might be able to go out and do something fun before he has surgery.  I'm sure he'll want to get out of the house.  The problem is finding an appropriate activity.  Movies?  Geocaching?  Laser tag? 

Anyway, now is probably a good time to reach out to Roberto now that he's feeling better and off of chemo!  Although, you might be distracting him from playing Halo or eating a hamburger.

Also, I might switch to MWF updates, but that means I have to post something for tomorrow.  So, this probably means I'll keep posting every day anyway.  *sigh*  What's wrong with me??


Cycle 4 - Day 10

No comments:

Post a Comment