Friday, October 25, 2013

We're Boring!

There's nothing exciting happening here, and that's great!  Actually, it feels as though our lives are finally returning to normal.  We're going to campus to do grad student-y things, I can get Roberto to run errands for me (pick up food, pick up after himself), and we are making plans to do things with friends.  Of course, we only get to enjoy our slice of normalcy for a short, couple of weeks before Roberto's major surgery.  :(

A part of me want to keep enjoying the chemo-free life we have now.  I would rather have my mind occupied with wondering when Roberto's hair will grow back instead of learning about what a thoracotomy is and how one recovers from that procedure.  One thing that keeps me going is Roberto's constant optimism and confidence.  It's nice to sort of lean on him for now.  I know that once the surgery date draws near, I'll have to be the optimistic and confident one. 

Okay, time to get ready for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment