Monday, October 7, 2013

CT Scans Explained!

Hello and happy Monday!

We had a pretty good weekend.  Saturday consisted of a bit of work in the morning and then lots of video games and watching shows on Netflix.  I managed to pull myself away from the TV just long enough to fulfill Roberto's lasagna request.  We hung out with the lovely Kat and super-duper Rob on Sunday and played some fun board games.  One of the games was based on the TV show Battlestar Galactica, and it was pretty fun!  I was a cylon (bad guy) and totally botched up my role but it was still fun.

I had a few people tell me they have no idea what they are looking at when I post the CT scan movies.  I took a couple of images and put some comments on them so there's a bit more information about what the heck you're looking at.  The images are from the June and July CT scans.  I figure I can do a June/July/August/October comparison later after Roberto get the October scan.

The following images all are taken as the machine moves from Roberto's head towards his feet.  The whitest parts of the image are the bones.  Every thing else is squishy muscles and organs.

Below are images from about the same part of Roberto's body in June and July.  You can see how much the tumor grew in that month and that the bronchial tube shifted a bit.


The next set of images are further down Roberto's body (further from the head) and you can now see his heart!


So, hopefully that helped a bit?  In the June scan, they go all the way to the intestines which looks pretty cool (at least to my nerdy side).

When Roberto gets his next CT scan in about a week, we are really hoping that there isn't much of the tumor left over.  Whatever is left over is probably the teratoma part of his tumor. 

Cycle 4 - Day 15

1 comment: