Saturday, August 24, 2013

Chillin' Out Maxin' Relaxin' All Cool

We had a whirlwind of a day today.  The day started with the Martinez boys building the new bed frame Roberto and I bought from Ikea.  I've never heard so much laughter over constructing a bed frame; it was nice to hear Roberto laughing so hard.  I'm not around many in-progress bed frames but I'm pretty sure Ikea furniture construction is accompanied by cursing and yelling.  I did catch a, "You guys put the piece in upside down!" 

In the afternoon, we had a bunch of people stop by for lunch:  Jim, Jun, Sophia, Eli, Alex, and Christina.  Roberto's parents slaved away at the barbeque and Roberto helped them pull together a yummy buffet of food.  We spent most of the day playing Fluxx and Carcassonne. We played the pirate version of Fluxx and I got some people to talk like a pirate (it's a special card)!  Carcassonne was fun and challenging because we had so many players.  There was a lot of talk about the pieces:  "Put it in!" "It fits perfectly," "Just slide it in," and "Don't do that!  That helps him!"

Below is a rare 5-person game.  Christina was the winner!  Eli's hand was conveniently pointing at something.



Okay, I'm totally drained of energy.  Time to call it.


No comments:

Post a Comment