Sunday, August 18, 2013

Not Your Standard Punching Doll

Roberto had another leg kicking night.  The medication (we don't know which one yet) finally wore off towards the end of the night and he got to sleep.  This was after he asked for a massage and slept on the floor a few times because his back was bothering him.  All the sitting during the week, sleeping in the lumpy bed, and the shifting of his organs from the shrinking tumor might be causing the back aches.  I'm thinking about getting him to a professional masseuse. I guess Massage Envy?  I don't actually know a good place to take him.

---------------------------------------------

Amanda and Tarik stopped by today to see how Roberto was doing and to drop off a gift!


The above is a "Da***t Doll" that Roberto can abuse when he's feeling angry.  The instructions on the doll state that whenever one is feeling angry, they should take the doll by the legs and wail it against the nearest wall.  Apparently, Amanda gave Roberto permission to hit ME with the doll!!!  I have yet to confirm this with Amanda.  I might need to get a doll of my own.  But I can't hit someone with cancer!  Arrrrrgggg!

The next few pictures are of gifts we received a while ago.  Rob and Kat went to San Diego Comic Con and found a little Master Chief!  It's about four inches tall and is the cutest Master Chief, which probably comes in handy when fighting the Covenant (really, more nerdy references??). 


Before Martha left, she bestowed on us an array of candy and games!  She also bought us some new sheets so we don't have to wash as often (we have to wash the sheets each week).


-------------------------------

As for today, Roberto also ate lots of solid food!  He wasn't quite ready for burgers but did eat a good portion of pasta with plenty of fruits and veggies throughout the day and finished the night with a smoothie.  He hasn't forgotten about the burgers though.  He already has lunch plans with Tarik to grab some In and Out tomorrow. 

Roberto was also awake for the entire day!  Granted, he spent the majority of the day playing Halo and Starcraft 2, but that's better than sleeping or throwing up.  It's great to see him recover so quickly after completing the chemo infusion portion of the cycle.  I'm trying to think of ways to make the third cycle a little easier on him.  Any ideas?

By the way, I added my email to my profile so people can contact me.  I realized that not everyone who reads this blog may have my email address.  

Cheers to a full night's rest!

Cycle 2 - Day 7

1 comment:

  1. That doll is an awesome! If I were Roberto I totally would hit it against a wall when I felt sick. Glad he's recovering quickly. Perhaps in a day or two he will feel well enough to be helpful around the house again :P

    ReplyDelete