Sunday, September 29, 2013

Not Out of the Woods

Roberto did not have a great day despite me throwing at him all the possible anti-nausea medication I could get my hands on.  Only one meal was able to stay in his stomach today and that was a single Asian pear.  He tried eating many other fruits and soups, but those didn't stay down. 

When he was awake, he wanted to do something so I gave him the other wooden puzzle toy my mom bought (a dragon!) but apparently it was super complicated with all the scale parts.  Then Roberto and I played the board game Formula D which simulates formula 1 racing.  Roberto was still scarred from the fiery crash he suffered the last time he played so he was conservative with his car.  I, on the other hand, went wild around the turns and won!  I don't mean to disparage Roberto when I say that the game was pretty simple in that one rolls a die and moves a tiny race car; playing the game totally wiped Roberto of energy.  That's when we moved into the session of watching a Starcraft tournament.  I've come to realize that I've learned an unpleasant amount about Starcraft from watching these episodes with Roberto.  Banelings!  Pylons!  GG!!!

Besides the above activities, we spent the day going upstairs and back downstairs depending on Roberto's comfort level and desire to sleep.  I say "we" because he doesn't want to be alone. While he is sleepy, he doesn't quite stay asleep and I think he's becoming anxious since he is not recovering very quickly.  He kept telling me that he wished he didn't feel so terrible.  Right now, I think my presence is helping because he is totally snoring.

I hope tomorrow is a little better for him.  Robostrong!

Cycle 4 - Day 7


No comments:

Post a Comment