Sunday, September 15, 2013

Did Berto Survive the Weekend?

Answer:  Yes!

Santa Cruz was nice but was not the relaxing time I was promised.  I spent most of my time helping my sister move.  That's fine since moving is such a pain without help.  At night, the wildlife came out and I got to see a few angry cats (raccoons) running in the bushes and some confused deer skittering across the road.

I also did some geocaching!  My family and I were at a spot where Roberto and I had tried to find a geocache but failed.  To my mom's and sister's astonishment, I easily found the geocache at a lamp post in a few seconds. I think the geocaching bug bit me because I'm thinking about going geocaching in Davis again. 

Roberto had some fun hanging out with friends who took him to Burgers and Brew and played plenty of board games with him. :)  I'm glad people were around to keep an eye on Berto.  He didn't feel well on Friday when we got his PICC dressing changed.  I'm not sure if he physically didn't feel well or had psychosomatic symptoms because we went to the hospital in the morning.  Nonetheless, he recovered nicely in time for the weekend.

It's a little scary that Roberto is not bouncing back as quickly after the third cycle.  This means I have to monitor him a bit closer.  At least the cycle coming up will be the last of this 12-week plan.  We'll be done with this phase of his treatment soon!!!  Just seven days left of Cycle 3.  :D

Cycle 3 - Day 14

No comments:

Post a Comment