Saturday, November 16, 2013

Totally Disconnected

There's not too much to report on for Friday.  Roberto's chest tube was removed and he's no longer connected to an IV bag.  It's amazing how free Roberto feels to not be connected to so many tubes.  I didn't know this, but apparently the chest tube was sewed onto Roberto somehow?  I wasn't around when the tube was removed, so I didn't see it, but I really don't want to know any more about it.

Roberto will definitely be going home on Saturday!  It'll be so nice to be at home and not at the hospital for a majority of the day (I guess the entire week in Roberto's case). 

I got a glimpse of Roberto's incision, and it's crazy looking!  They closed it up with staples.  Roberto looks all Frankenstein's-imonster-y.  I have a picture of it and I'm hesitant to post it...but why not?  I took this picture on Thursday when Roberto still had his chest tube.  You can see the bandages and such on him.  It's normal for the chest tube stuff to leak. 

Anyway, don't scroll down if you don't want to see the giant incision.



This one is a little worst than the PICC line picture...














By the way, when we asked the surgeon how big the incision was, he indicated that it was 5 inches or so...basically less than what is shown above.  Gaaaaaaahhh, so gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment