Friday, November 15, 2013

Fewer Poking Tubes

Another boring day, which is a good thing!  Thursday was full of removing lines from Roberto's body and receiving plants.  I could probably stop right there; that really is all that happened.

In the hallway and outside the patient rooms are signs asking visitors to be quiet and such.  However, the typo on one of the signs just cracks me up every time I look at it.


hahahahahahaha!  That's such a funny sound!

Roberto is getting stronger everyday.  :)  He went for another walk down the hall today with a physical therapist and I got a front picture of him this time.


They seem to be doing a great job with the pain medicine because Roberto has not been in any pain since getting out of surgery.  I just hope that we can keep that up when he gets home.

Along with walking, Roberto has been doing his breathing exercises with the spirometer.  Roberto has to take a deep breath and get a little plastic piece to a certain height.  The exercises help Roberto's lung and prevent him from getting pneumonia. 


Also, Roberto got a few flowers today!  I got a picture of the first one from the Hendersons.  I forgot to take a picture of the ones from the Fergusons.  :(  Sorry!  It's really great to have some plants in the room.  Also, Roberto loves to be spoiled with gifts.  :P


 Okay, enough with the slide show.  Roberto is getting stronger everyday.  He got a lot of good sleep yesterday because the machines were not as noisy as the ICU ones.  The nurses took out several lines today:  the epidural, the catheter in the bladder, and the central line in his neck.  All that's left is the IV and the chest tube.  I was told that the chest tube will come out tomorrow sometime.

Speaking of tomorrow, it's looking iffy for Roberto to be leaving that day.  Not for lack of progress, just for medical reasons that haven't been explained to me.  Also, they (the resident and nurses) might be just hedging their answer so I don't flip out if Roberto is not released tomorrow.  The definite thing is that Roberto will be home on the weekend and he will be so happy to be home!

I'll be happy, too, because I haven't been getting much sleep for various reasons.  Well, maybe I could stop updating the blog, but that's no fun!  Sleep deprivation has definitely taken its toll, though.  It was definitely a struggle at times to form coherent sentences.  Hopefully, tomorrow make better words.

No comments:

Post a Comment