Friday, November 1, 2013

Late Happy Halloween!

Well, the brain cupcakes didn't work out.  I didn't have time to work out the logistics of my mold with the frosting I had.  :(  I guess I'll have to make Thanksgiving-themed brain cupcakes now.

We did spend Halloween playing the appropriately themed Ghost Stories board game ... and won!  Finally!  Now we might be ready to play on normal mode instead of easy. 

Roberto seems to be mostly over his cold even though he still has the sniffles.  At this point, the cold is just annoying more than anything else.  Roberto called up the nurse today to ask how long the surgery would be.  We were thinking something like five hours or so.  The nurse told us that the surgeon set aside *two* hours!  Thinking about it, that does make sense since the surgeon only has to cut out the tumor.  He's not doing anything too complicated...?  My training in optimization algorithms and machine learning techniques is really failing me right now. 

The other day, I heard Roberto yell in surprise.  I raced up the stairs to the bathroom to make sure he was alright.  He happily told me that his eyebrows were growing back!  He has the cutest little eyebrow hairs now.  Maybe now the rest of his hair will start growing back. 

I've been reading up on a thoracotomy and the recovery afterward.  Apparently, thoracotomies are one of the most painful surgeries.  Also, it'll be really important for Roberto to stay on a regular schedule for taking his pain medication and for him to perform the rehabilitation exercises daily.  Hopefully, Roberto will be back to his normal activities by the end of December! 

No comments:

Post a Comment