Friday, November 8, 2013

Clever Post Title

I read my last post.  I'm going to blame the cold medicine for the few incoherent moments.

Roberto has started his smoothie regimen.  I tried a bit and they are actually pretty tasty!  And tiny.  This is good because we didn't want it to become a huge hassle.  When he was on chemotherapy, there were only a few foods and drinks he could tolerate but the lack of variety made it hard to continue with the same diet. 

I'm still sick, but I can see healthy days in my future!  So far, this wasn't a terrible cold ... and hopefully I'm not speaking too soon... Roberto was super sweet and made me breakfast one morning when I was in a cold medicine haze.  Do you think he's starting early on making up for when I took care of him on chemotherapy days?

We don't have any big plans for the weekend, which is just as well.  Maybe it'll be good to just stay at home and enjoy each others company.  We might also plan a huge last-minute party!!! 

For next week, I'll be updating the blog daily until Roberto gets back from the hospital.  I figure I'll just be complaining a lot about Pedro (Roberto's brother) and how So Cal he is and that Nor Cal is better (you know it's true).  We'll be at the hospital at 5:30am on November 12th and the surgery will start at 7:30am.  Maybe I'll do a pseudo-live blog update on Tuesday if I'm awake enough.

Anyway, please send good thoughts and prayers Roberto's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment